Charged by the Archbishop of Melbourne, the Most Reverend Henry Lowther Clarke, the parishioners of St Mark’s Church in Camberwell embarked on a significant project.
Led by their Vicar, The Reverend Hubert Brooksbank, they established St Mark’s Parish School.
Armed with just $1000, The Reverend Brooksbank built a brick hall for the School to operate from. Opening with just 8 pupils, both boys and girls, the School flourished. By 1925 there were 70 students and by 1926 the School had outgrown its home.