Introduced in 1928, the CGGS House Program maintains tradition and builds strong school spirit through a widerange of friendly annual competitions.
Run for the girls, entirely by the girls, being part of one of the school’s four Houses (Lawrence, Schofield, Singleton and Taylor) ensures that our students connect across year levels.
On competition days, the school is a sea of red, yellow, blue and green as girls dress head to toe in their House colour. There is laughter in the air and chants echo through the school. It’s a time of coming together, whilst cementing firm friendships that span across all year levels. Most of all, it is a time for joy as students compete in serious but good-hearted competition.
Received its name from the Reverend James Schofield, Chairman of the School Council from 1921. His daughters were amongst the first students at the School.
Received its name from Miss Louisa Taylor, the first Headmistress of the School. She was Headmistress from 1928 to 1959.
Received its name from Mr George D Lawrence, a lawyer, who was a member of the founding Council of the School and remained very active in the Council for 20 years.
Was established in 1965 when Ormiston became part of Camberwell Girls Grammar School. It perpetuated the name of the Singleton sisters, Anna and Elizabeth who played an important part during the early years of Ormiston.
Our House Program has played a large part in the history of the school.